Sunday, August 12, 2012

DIY Invitation Progress!

I'd been collecting invitation ideas for days, but yesterday FI and I agreed that this style was our favorite:

From Golden Rectangle Press

It's vintage, it has garden elements, it's perfect for our wedding.

So I spent a few hours today on Adobe Illustrator working on my own version!  The current plan is to have this made into a rubber stamp via JL Mould and then use it to emboss invitations ourselves.

Made by me!  Info changed for privacy purposes.
The font I used is called FontleroyBrown, which was a free font from webdesignledger.com.  I drew some of the elements myself, and others I pieced together using some free floral clip art from freevectordownload.com.

Color and paper are TBD.  I'm concerned about some of the smaller elements when it comes to embossing.  I'm going to try super fine transparent embossing powder first.  I also read that you can apply the powder directly to prints still wet from your inkjet printer, so I'll try that before I spend the moolah to order the 5x7 stamp.

If anyone has DIY embossing tips, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment