Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DIYs I can’t wait to get to


I am dying to start making things for the wedding!  But it’s still too early =(  Mainly because I have to move out of my apartment soon and it would just be ridiculous to start putting things together and then move it all to a new place.

But these are a few things I know I am going to try...

Garland swizzle sticks made from Christmas garland pieces.  These shiny little poof balls on a stick make me unreasonably happy:

Image via marthastewart.com


The “Just Married” letters (our getaway vehicle may be a rickshaw; the sign will have to be sized accordingly):


Image via stylemepretty.com
Photo by amyandstuart.com

Ribbons, ribbons, and more ribbons:

Image via marthastewart.com

Image via stylemepretty.com
Photo by lanedittoe.com

Image via stylemepretty.com


I am kind of obsessed with ribbons.  I need to consciously remind myself not to overdo it with the ribbons.

What DIY details are you in love with for your wedding day?

1 comment:

  1. I love those ideas, they're so cute! All of those are projects that can be made well before the wedding. And let me tell you, when you hit the 3-month mark before the wedding it'll be hard to have patience to work on projects like that so do them while you have DIY stamina :)

    I'm totally gonna make some swizzle sticks like that for our next party. So festive!

    ReplyDelete