Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pinterest = Everyone Knowing My Plans!

I love love love Pinterest, especially now that I'm planning a wedding.  I have 8 boards going on right now organizing my wedding ideas:

1.  Our Wedding Style, which was my first board, holding decor, bridesmaids dresses, flowers, pretty much everything!  I like to have all images side by side to make sure colors and concepts look good together.

2.  'Maids & 'Men, which holds attire ideas for the bridesmaids and the groomsmen.

3.  For the Moms - because as I was looking for bridesmaids dresses, I kept seeing dresses I thought my mother would look fabulous in.

4.  Wedding DIY, which contains things I'm interested in making for the wedding.

5.  Invitations (self-explanatory)

6.  Wedding Etc, for wedding-related items that aren't necessarily part of the ceremony and reception.

7.  Wedding Photos - when I see a shot of someone's wedding that I love, I save it to show my photographer.

8.  Honeymoon - lots and lots of dream trips/hotels/excursions I'd love to do with my FI.

I am the type of creative person who loves to bounce ideas off of other people, or shall I say, select people... by that I mean, not my entire Facebook friend roster.

If writers can have pen names to conceal their identity, why can't I have a Pinterest account that conceals the identity of my wedding? 

So I do.  And it's awesome.  And I never even use the account linked to my Facebook page anymore.

If you are planning your wedding and are computer-savvy enough (and obsessed with your wedding enough) that you are reading this blog, and other wedding blogs, and you do not have a Pinterest account to keep track of your findings... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???  Get on that sh*t!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of creating a private Pinterest account for wedding planning, to keep your ideas a secret! A lot of our female guests follow me on Pinterest and I sometimes wonder whether they see all of my wedding ideas on Pinterest...? Sounds like you're really organized :) I've found Pinterest SUPER helpful too, and the closer we get to the wedding, the more specific my Pinterest boards have become. I am taking a haitus, though, since we have a lot of DIY projects in the queue and I don't want to start having regret if I see too many other ideas! ;)

    ReplyDelete