Friday, August 17, 2012

Inspiration from a random place

I haven't mentioned anything about my dress yet.  That's a story in itself.  For now, I'll say this - before I knew my dress, I wanted our wedding color scheme to have bright, bold, beautiful colors.  I had five months worth of idea sketches, and had even interviewed four florists based on that color scheme.  I wanted fun, wild, fresh-from-the-garden COLOR!  Colors like this:

Style me Pretty

Enter The Dress.  After eleven shops and a lot of budget stress that I'll go into later, I fell in love with a very soft, romantic gown in a very soft, ivory color.  It has delicate pearl and crystal detailing.  And it totally does not go with bold, wild colors.

Image Source

Ever-stressed about the whole gown situation, after the dress was purchased I was tossing and turning about how it completely didn't go with our original vision (FI was really into the colorful look too).  It seems silly now that I look back on it, but it really was keeping me up at night.  On one such night, I made a trip to the bathroom and was staring at, of all things, my shower curtain.  And it all came together.

My muse, aka my shower curtain

I began a brand-new Pinterest board with new bridesmaid dresses, flowers, table settings, etc.  And I was excited again!

BHLDN

BHLDN

Style me Pretty

Style me Pretty

Who else made a drastic change to their color scheme well into the planning process?  What caused the change, and how did it / is it working out for you?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh that will be gorgeous! I had always dreamed about having black, white, and pops of bright pink for my wedding colors. Once we chose a barn for a venue I started second guessing myself. Thinking about going for a more rustic palette. Even though the colors are rustic, I am still going to stick with my original colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're doing the right thing in choosing the dress first, and from there, choosing your flowers. Flowers are always beautiful anyway :) And I promise, all these stresses will go away on your wedding day. It will be a fabulous day!!

    I changed my mind many, many time throughout the planning process, at first we were going for a vintage/love-bird theme. We ended up with something so different, but it was perfect. I think wedding planning is a learning process. Nothing wrong with changing your mind along the way! There are no *right* or *wrong* decisions. It all works out at the end :)

    ReplyDelete