Of course I'm not going to plan games for my own shower. But yesterday I responded to a board asking for a fun game, so I submitted one that I kind of made up once for a friend's shower (it's based on other games I've played). Thought others might appreciate it too!
ONE TRUTH, TWO LIES
If you have a crowd of witty and creative people I highly recommend this improv game:
Step 1. Set up three chairs at the front of the room
Step
2. Have everyone write their names on index cards along with a vague
1-2 sentence funny story they know about the bride, it could be some kind
of an inside joke or just something random (example: "the time Jennifer
made Kool Aid without sugar")
Step 3. You have to be the
moderator here. Scan through the cards and pick one you like. You know
who's story it is, but the rest of the crowd doesn't. So for example,
the Kool Aid story is by Aunt Sharon. You put Aunt Sharon and two other
random guests in the chairs at the front of the room.
Step 4. You read what the card says out loud (other than the storyteller's name, of course).
Step
5. One by one, each of the ladies tells the story. Obviously two of
them don't know the story, so they have to make one up on the spot.
Aunt Sharon is telling a true story about how 8-year old Jennifer
accidentally made Kool Aid with salt instead of sugar. But college
friend Tiffany makes up a story about how Jennifer made Kool Aid with
bubblegum vodka, got really wasted, and ended up dancing on the hood of
some frat guy's car shouting OHHH YEAHHH (like the Kool Aid guy).
Step 6. The audience votes on which of the 3 they think is the real story.
Step 7. Jennifer reveals which one is the real story.
Step 8. Repeat as desired.
It's
KIND OF complicated but it's fun because it brings up a lot of old
stories that may have been (or should have been) long forgotten (friends, use discretion in selecting your "true" stories!). When we
played this at my friend's shower we laughed so hard we cried - mostly at the fake stories.
Anyone else make up an awesome bridal shower game?
I LOVE this game!! We'd always play it at summer camp as a getting-to-know-you icebreaker; it would be perfect at a bridal shower where there was extended family/the groom's family who might not know the bride all that well, and people who might not know each other that well: a great bonding game!
ReplyDelete